Friday, March 11, 2011

Guaranteed to Class Up Your Day!

I  just had to share these!  Two weeks ago, Hubby and I were in the SouthSide Works and had some time to kill before our dinner reservation, so we went into Sur La Table to browse.  I had never been in this store before but had been interested for a long time.  All I can say is it was a good thing that we only had 25 minutes, because I could have spent all night there and spent a whole lot of cash.  I ended up buying a bottle of Peppermint Extract (to be used soon!) and a new pair of dish gloves made by Gloveables, Inc.

When we moved into the new house in October we lost the convenience of the dishwasher as well.  The one in our rented townhouse was awful -- horribly loud and about 30 years old, but had I known that we'd end up buying a house without one, I would have been much more appreciative.  I've been wearing the standard yellow rubber gloves to wash dishes because the hot water and soap were destroying my hands, but I hated them because they were always too big and let's face it, not very snazzy.  I knew they made "fancy" dish gloves but hadn't had a chance to search the web for them, so I was very excited when I saw these at Sur La Table.  For $15.95 you have something "guaranteed to class up your day" -- I don't know about you, but I haven't found anywhere else to get that kind of assurance for less than the cost of a week's worth of Starbucks.  It was really difficult to pick a pair from their selection, but if you visit the manufacturer's website they have many more options so I was better off with the limited choice.

These gloves are great -- not only are they adorable and fabulous, but they're made for girly hands so they fit snug and comfortable, and I can actually hold dishes as I wash them.  Plus the tops of the gloves come up higher than normal ones, so it keeps the water from leaking in as it splashes in the sink (one of my main pet peeves with the regular gloves).  I highly recommend them!


No comments:

Post a Comment